The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETC) was established in the year 2005 with an intake of 60 undergraduate students with the approval of AICTE and affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology(BPUT), provides an outstanding academic environment complemented by excellent pedagogy of teaching and state-of-the-art modern and up-to-date lab infrastructures. The U.G Programme (B.Tech) of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the year 2016) and National Assessment and Accreditation Council(NAAC). The Department started post graduate (M.Tech) course in Electronics and Communication with an annual intake of 18 students from 2012. The department has a good number of faculty members with high retention for theory as well as lab classes out of whom all theory teachers have M.Tech or Ph.D qualification.
During last three years the faculty members have excelled in research publications. To their credit the faculty members have more than 100 numbers of publications in reputed International journals and 60 numbers of National publications.
- The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering have signed 3 MoUs with Telecom Sector Skill Council of India for Centre of Excellence – Smart City Technology , Skilling HUB – Regional Center of TSSC and TSSC Student’s Club on 29th September 2018. The expert team of C-DAC had visited our institute for the evaluation process and they have agreed to provide PARAM Shavak High Performance Computing facility funded by FIST of about 56 Lakhs.
- Three Nos. of Extramural Sponsored R & D Projects were sanctioned worth Rs. 1 Crore from different Govt. Funded agencies like BRFST, BRNS, DAE, DST, IISc, AICTE and BPUT with Principal Investigator Dr. Sakuntala Mahapatra, Professor and HOD (ETC).
- Highest number of Innovative student projects (IEDC) funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST, Govt. of India) are from the ETC Department.
- A Centre of Excellence, National MEMS Design Centre has been established at the Department in collaboration with IISc, Bangalore under NPMASS program.
- A Microchip Centre of Excellence have been established in the department on 09.11.2018 by Mr. Jagan Jothivel, Microchip University Program Manager, APAC.
- A PCB Design and Fabrication Lab is set up in the department to enhance the students’ knowledge in the area of VLSI design and its implementation to industry for fabrication of PCBs. The lab has been set in collaboration with the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India funded by FIST (Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure in Higher Educational Institutions).
Trident is a CISCO sponsored ThingQbator center which is a IoT Incubation Center as a part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitments in 2018 through our partner – NASSCOM Foundation. This is a student driven center where the students from ETC department share innovative ideas and utilize the facilities of the centre to bring the idea into the product level by the help of CISCO Support center. The students participated in National level Hackathons and brought laurels to the department.
The students of the department have been encouraged to learn beyond syllabus for enhancing their knowledge through different club activities. These club members are guided by designated members of faculty and meet once in a week to discuss courses and subject domains beyond the university syllabus. These clubs act as excellent platforms for enrichment of skills and knowledge through self learning and “learn with fun”. The students are actively engaged in innovative thinking and ideation on problems, academic challenges and new domains of knowledge through innovation development cell funded by DST.
In our department the following Technical clubs are present:
- Robomage Club: which includes Robotics and Image processing activities.
- Micron Club : It includes PCB Design activities.
- Mocnet Club: It includes Mobile communication and networking .
- IoT Club : It includes Machine learning and IoT activities.