The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
Trident Academy of Technology Institutional Membership No. : IM 2044
Trident Academy of Technology Student Chapter Membership No. : OR-073
TAT ISTE Chapter
Chairperson: Prof. (Dr) Sakuntala Mohapatra
Secretary: Prof. (Dr) Manas Ranjan Senapati
Managing Committee Members:
1. Manas Ranjan Choudhury
2. Monalisa Rout
3. Deepak Kumar Mohapatra
4. Kalidutta U Patnaik
5. Tapan Kumar Nayak
IETE Students Forum
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), founded in 1953, is one of the leading Professional Societies in India. IETE, has been contributing to the advancement of Science and Technology in the fields of Electronics, Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology and other related subjects. The major focus of IETE is to provide technical/engineering education i.e. Degree and Diploma level certifications to younger generation . IETE has got two streams of Student base. First wing is the students passing out DIPIETE , AMIETE and ALCCS.For them an Alumni Association was formed in 2013.The Second wing pertains to Engineering students studying in Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics across the Country. This wing is the ISF ( IETE Students Forum ). More than 550 ISFs are functioning in India today with a student membership of more than 60,000.
Objectives of ISF :
- Improving standard of Engineering Education
- Counseling the students in the emerging new opportunities
- Encouraging and motivating the outside Class room studies /Work shops/projects/Seminars
- Increasing the student base and Corporate membership of IETE
- To plan, organize Technical Programs, Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars Symposia, exhibitions for the benefit of students.
- To provide common platform for students to exchange of ideas in technical topics of interest, e.g., curriculum, employment, higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, etc.
- To facilitate technical visits, project works, employment, contact with industries and academic institutions.
- Encourage team spirit and self reliance among student members.
- ISFs should be a catalyst for the overall growth in technical and professional skills in young students.
IETE Student forum at Trident Academy of Technology formed with 90 students from the department of electronics and telecommunication.