“Our aim is to build computer science professionals with strong leadership quality, discipline and passion filled ability to encounter global challenges with technological insight with reference to current context”.
“To build the Department of CSE, oriented in a direction that ensures:
- to produce Quality Computer Engineers, IT Professionals and Entrepreneurs capable of meeting the need of the Nation with innovativeness,
- to form educational pathway geared up to produce competent Computer Professionals capable of maximizing their career choice and options at par and in pace with Global Standard and evolving technologies, and
- to contribute to the society with honesty and integrity through innovative research in the multi-disciplinary areas of evolving and upcoming technologies”.
1. To build the students with sound technological knowledge to enable them obtain adequate expertise in the field of computer science engineering as well as with predominant domain knowledge so that they emanate as industry-ready capable to address various needs of society and resolve industrial and technological problems.
2. Apart from building students with best possible technological insight with reference to the current context, to focus on developing a strong leadership quality in them so that their domain expertise is fortified with the ability to handle problem going to the fore front.
3. A key focus of the program is not only to build robust technocrats with strong leaders, but also is to build them good human beings – engineers with sound managerial skills, acceptable inter-personnel skills, self-esteem and positive attitude.
4. By building up a sound conceptual clarity and strong technology foundation through knowledge imparted to them by experts from industry and academia, they will be driven by a strong motivation to pursue higher studies and research in the upcoming fields of science and technology.
1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3: Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5: Modern tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to asses societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principle and apply these to one’s own work as member and leader in team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12: Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
With reference to the Annexture-II, Item-B of NBA SAR Format (June 2015) requiring to specify 2-4 Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs), with respect to the B.Tech. program in the Computer Science & Engineering, i.e., B.Tech.(CSE) under affiliation from BPUT, Odisha we have framed a set of Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs) as outlined below:
PSO-1. Acquire knowledge of advanced computing skill and programming expertise.
PSO-2. Ability to develop, test and maintain Software Systems for Business and Enterprise Applications.
PSO-3. Ability to develop, test and maintain Software Systems for Specific Application Domain and as per the industry need.
PSO-4. Develop expertise to maintain and extend usability of legacy computer systems.
Learning Outcomes (LOs)
LO-1. Acquire knowledge of advanced computing skill and programming expertise.
LO-2. Ability to develop, test and maintain Software Systems for Business and Enterprise Applications.
LO-3. Ability to develop, test and maintain Software Systems for Specific Application Domain and as per the industry need.
LO-4. Develop expertise to maintain and extend usability of legacy computer systems.