- One Sponsored R & D Project entitled “Design & Development of Real-Time Ground Behaviour Monitoring System(RT-GBMS) for underground metal Mines”, through the funding agency Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India sanctioned worth of ₹49,88.000.00 is currently running by Principal Investigator Dr. Abhaya Kumar Samal, Professor and HOD (CSE).
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between NASSCOM Foundation and Trident Academy of Technology, Bhubaneswar for the thingQbator program has been signed on 1st May 2022.
- The department encourages its faculty and lab staff members to obtain NPTEL certification in various computer science subjects along with financial rewards to the excellent achievers.
- The department has the following student chapters:
- IEEE Student Chapter: IEEE student branch is dedicated to serving the purpose of helping its members to enrich their technical knowledge and expertise. The main focus of this association is to conduct social and technical activities for students and create awareness and encourages them to utilize the benefits of IEEE membership, including scholarships, competitions, and conference grants.
- CSI Student Chapter: In keeping with its tradition of taking the lead in all student-related activities, TAT has a CSI Student Chapter operational in the Departments of Computer Science and Engineering. The CSI chapter actively organizes several different events like inter department programming, CSI Day, workshops etc. to promote and develop skills on emerging technologies among students.
- ACM Student Chapter: ACM’s Student chapters worldwide serve as hubs of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large.
Trident is a CISCO sponsored thingQbator center which is a IoT Incubation Center as a part of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitments in 2018 through our partner – NASSCOM Foundation. This is a student driven center where the students from Computer Science Engineering department share innovative ideas and utilize the facilities of the center to bring the idea into the product level by the help of CISCO Support center.
The CSE department has Hackathon club where students are trained for Hackathon, boot camp programs as a result students of CSE have participated in various National level and state level Hackathons, boot camps and brought laurels to the department.
The academic performance of the Department is very attractive and is at a level of 95% and above for the last few years. Like academic performance, the Department has achieved a lot in placement. During the last three years, the overall placement percentage is around 80%.
To be comfortable with Cutting-Edge technologies and to meet industry standards, the Department has floated 3 unique student clubs under the guidance of competent faculty members. These clubs are able to attract students from other colleges also, because it provides a platform to “learn through fun” with cutting edge technologies. The students are actively engaged in innovative thinking and ideation on problems, academic challenges and new domains of knowledge through participation in Hackathon and boot camp programs.
The department has three clubs, which are:
1 Cyber Security Club : Special Technologies (Awareness, Imparting training, Innovative Idea Generation, Assignments, Presentations, Micro Hackathons, Experts/Alumni Talks/ Seminars/Conference, etc.)
2.. Brain Logic Club: Special Technologies (Awareness, Imparting training, Innovative Idea Generation, Assignments, Presentations, Micro Hackathons, Experts/Alumni Talks/ Seminars/Conference, etc.)
3.. Hackathon Club: Special Technologies (Awareness, Imparting training, Innovative Idea Generation, Assignments, Presentations, Micro Hackathons, Experts/Alumni Talks/ Seminars/Conference, etc.)