Energy Center – A Domain of Excellence to encourage research in the field of Renewable Energy
This Domain of Excellence has been set up by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering to promote research in the area of Renewable Energy. The main focus is on research work in the field of Solar Energy. The research topics in solar energy are on solar photo voltaic technology i.e. solar cells, solar panels, storage devices etc. and the application area is solar rooftop energy. Research work is also being done in grid interaction and net metering of solar energy. In this context, the main stress is on Smart Grid and Smart Metering. For this purpose necessary assistance is provided by the department of ETC. Efforts are also being made for applications of solar photo voltaic technologies in rural areas for agricultural purposes and lighting.
The EEE Department is also working in the areas involving load flow analysis, NetZero, Electric Vehicle and Railway Electrification.
- Prof. P.K. Sahoo, Professor, Dept. of EEE (Distributed Generation, Electric Vehicle)
- Mr. Y. Panda, Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE (Power System Protection)
- Mr. S.R.Das, Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE (Power System Protection)
- Mr. L.K. Sahoo, Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE (PLC, Electric Vehicle)
- Mr. S.S. Mishra, Asst.Professor, Dept.of EEE (Solar Photo Voltaic Technology, Electric Vehicle)