Why is it necessary?
Parents are the ultimate beholders of a child’s success and therefore it is important to get parent’s perspectives for the faculty, guide or proctors in any educational establishment. The ‘Guardians meet’ essentially symbolizes a communicative assessment of the students’ academic progress, performance and discipline through meetings.
What we do?
- Welcome guardians to come to the institute and have one-to-one meeting with the Director-Academics and Departmental HODs for various issues relating to their students.
- A meetfor parents is conducted byevery department once a year. The guardians of students attend the meet and discuss widely about the issues in a common forum to address all the grievances relating to their wards’ academic and personal problems.
What we have done!
A comprehensive report of the guardian’s meet of 2015-16 is given in details here under. The guardians meet was scheduled from 06-01-2016 to 11-01-2016 and one hundred twenty six (126) guardians reported for the meet. The date and number of parents present in the meeting held for each department for 2015-16 is mentioned below.
|Sl. No.||Departments||Date of meetings||No. of parents||Total no strengths|
|5||CSE & IT||11-01-2016||49||116|
Important inputs from guardians:
We had received following valuable suggestions from the parents.
- Individual guidance for the students
- PTM should be conducted once in a year
- Handling of students complains
- Proper communication with parents
- More technical training for students
- Helping students for training and internships
- More focus on over-all development
- Extra classes should be arranged for the weaker students
- Arrangement of placement for pass-out students
Advice to Guardians:
The following advice’s/suggestions were given to the parents towards their wards academic growth and all round development.
- The guardian should advice their wards to attend all classes without skipping a single one.
- The guardian should watch out and follow up their wards activities at their living places beyond the curriculum hours.
- They should also come to know about his wards friends circles and types friends they have.
- They should have constant watch on the proper utilization of money they provide to his child for expenditure every month.
- They should also look into all the bad habits if any, beyond the college hours and dissuade them from such habits.
- They should encourage their children to be quite open with themselves about all personal and academic matters.