‘India Innovation’ and ‘Make in India’ are the buzzwords and the Central Government is taking pro-active steps in achieving a worthwhile success in this regard. Students in high schools and colleges are thinking towards galvanising probable structural impacts in many thrust areas such as ‘Engineering Automation’, ‘Wireless Sensor Technology’, ‘Sustainable Technologies’, ‘Bionanotechnology’, and ‘Environmental Engineering’. In this scenario, students are framing challenging ideas that have substantial business prospects and societal impacts. Trident Academy of Technology has taken this strategy at the top of its priority under Student Development through Innovative Research and set-up an Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC).
The main objectives of IEDC are as follows:
- Linking innovations and solutions with feasible business models
- Mobilizing people for implementation of business models through enterprise and entrepreneurship promotion
- Identification & selecting of potential entrepreneurs.
- Training/capacity building of entrepreneurs.
- Setting up of enterprises by linking entrepreneurs for funding through banks/appropriate (S)govt. schemes
- handholding / market identification/ marketing etc. services to the potential entrepreneurs
- Counseling the existing enterprise for technology up-gradation and modernization.
- Internal monitoring and mid-course corrective actions
- Reporting and monitoring the impact envisaged under the project.
The IEDC Cell has been proactive in attracting exemplary students with their ideas through conduct of various lecturers, seminars, and workshops on Entrepreneurship. The Entrepreneurship projects of Trident students have won prizes at the Regional and the National level. This includes the prestigious TATA First dot prize and CISCO IT Ambassador prize. Recognizing the persistence and glorified efforts of the cell and its future potential, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India has funded an amount of Rs.45 lakhs for a continuous period of 5 years. Under the able guidance of the Govt. approved advisory board, IEDC gets innovative technology based Entrepreneurship proposals under the NSTEB scheme, out of which 5 gets selected each year to be funded with a seed money of Rs. 1 lakhs each.