The Department of Mechanical Engineering aims at skill development of the faculty members with the cutting edge technologies and upgrading their knowledge in software/ hardware development and design. FDP is a specialized programme for career and skill development to acquire knowledge on latest software/hardware tools. The programme enables the participants to develop competence in understanding recent advances in research, to learn to improve ideologies and to improve presentation skills.
A list of FDPs is given below as an initiative for improving skills of faculty members:
- Two weeks faculty development program (FDP) on Mechatronics was conducted from 18th July to 1st August, 2019 at CTTC, Bhubaneswar.
- One week faculty development program (FDP) was conducted from 25th June to 30th June, 2018 was conducted at CTTC, Bhubaneswar on CNC Programming and Operations.
- Faculty Development Programmes on Programming and Operation of CNC turning and milling was conducted in the Department of Mechanical Engineering during 20 – 31 Dec, 2016.
- Faculty Development Programmes on the Application of ANSYS software in static Structural Design was conducted in Department of Mechanical Engineering during 20 – 31 Dec, 2016.
- One-month faculty development program (FDP) was conducted from 27th May to 26th June, 2015 on Advance Design Software “Solidworks” by Embesys pvt.ltd, BBSR.
- 30 days FDP was conducted from 1st June to 1st July 2014 on Autocad by Swaroop Mohapatra, Softcad technologies.