Research and Development Work in Dept. of ETC
SPONSORED RESEARCH PROJECTS BY THE FACULTY MEMBERS
|Sl No.||Title of the Project||Sponsored Agency||Year of Completion||Total Amount in Lakhs.||Completed/ Ongoing|
|1.||Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure in Higher Educational Institutions (FIST)
Scope of Project:-PCB Design, Super computing.
|Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India||5 years (2019-24)||Rs.54,00,000/-||Ongoing|
|2.||An intelligent IoT Based System for Sensing Hazardous Gases in Manhole and Analysis||Device Development Program(DDP), DST, Govt. of India||19.01.2021-March 2023||Rs.15,96,844/-||Ongoing|
|3.||FIST for enhancement of Infrastructure to carry out Research and Development Activities under PG College level-0||Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure (FIST) Program by Ministry of Science and Technology , Govt. of India.
|23.01.2020-March 2025||Rs. 56 Lakhs||Ongoing|
|4.||IoT based Smart Dustbin for Smartcity||Biju Pattnaik University of Technology, Odisha||18.01.2019-March 2021||Rs. 2,88,650/-||Completed|
Acquisition System for Magnetic Diagnostics of ADITYA-U Tokamak
|PFRC, Board of
Research in Nuclear
Sciences(BRNS), Department of Atomic Energy,
(DAE), Govt of India
|Indian Institute of
Science, Bangalore, under the NPMASS program of Govt. of India
|March 2012- March 2015||Three perpetual
COMSOL, Intellisuite & Coventorware of Rs.45 Lakhs
|17.08.2015-June 2016||Rs. 5 lakhs||Completed|
Control of Plasma Layers in a Fusion Reactor
|Board of Research in
Fusion Science & Technology(BRFST), Institute of Plasma Research, Govt. of India, Ahmedabad
|05.04.2012-March 2014||Rs. 6.8 Lakhs||Completed|
Projects under IEDC
|DST, Govt. of India||2013-2018||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Completed|
Centre of Excellence at ETC Department:
- National MEMS Design Centre(NMDC):
A National MEMS Design Centre (NMDC) has been set up in the Institute in collaboration with IISc, Bangalore under the NPMASS program, consisting of MEMS perpetual licensed software. The objective is to motivate students and faculty members to pursue research & development in the upcoming field of MEMS and Nanotechnology.
- Microchip Centre of Excellence is inaugurated on 9th November 2018 in Trident Academy of Technology, Bhubaneswar. Microchip has funded an amount of Rs. 12 Lakhs (Software and development tools along with some recommended Hardware tools).
Microchip certified trainers to deliver training for PIC32, PIC18, PIC16 Microcontrollers.
- Dr. Sakuntala Mahapatra
2.Shaik Mohammed Ali
- Shuvendra Kumar Tripathy
Certified trainer’s for VLSI Design Engineer, certified by ESSCI (Electronics Sector Skill Council of India)
- Dr. Sakuntala Mahapatra
- Shaik Mohammed Ali
- Shuvendra Kumar Tripathy
- Minu Samantary
- Mille Panigrahi
- Madhusmita Mohanty
- IoT –Internet of Things
Trident Academy of Technology has established a center of excellence in IoT- WSN. The center of excellence imparts IoT-WSN based Project Work as a part of the regular academic assignment, as well as a beyond-curriculum course offering to the Students of B.Tech. Programs. Trident Academy of Technology has established a Cisco-IoT Prototyping Lab.
Dr. Sakuntla Mahapatra (PI), Asst. Prof Shaik Mohammed Ali (CO-PI) and Asst. Prof. Shuvendra Kumar Tripathy (CO-PI) is an active member of the IoT-WSN lab. The members actively participate in IoT-WSN based Product Design, Development, and Prototyping (through Available In-house Facilities – both for Lab as well as faculty guidance) of various real-time projects. AAQMS-Research Project.
Honours & Awards
- Rizwan Khan, Faculty of ETC Department, has been awarded Ph.D degree in Feb 2022. He has major contribution to research activity with SCI journals and highly indexed journal publications.
- Sakuntala Mahapatra received the “Best Teacher’s Award” by ISTE in the year 2014.
- Sakuntala Mahapatra Felicitated as a Fellow Member of IETE on the occasion of IETE Foundation Day 2016.
- Sakuntala Mahapatra received the “Best Researcher Award” in Odisha Technological Conclave organized by Ever Green Forum in the year 2018.
- Sakuntala Mahapatra received “Best HOD Support” in Placement Department operations and events for the year 2018-19.
- Sakuntala Mahapatra received “Faculty Innovation Excellence Awards 2019” on the occasion of World Intellectual Property Day on 26.04.2019 at the Constitution Club of India, New Delhi.
- Sakuntala Mahapatra is a Member of the Editorial Board for the International Journal of Smart Sensors and Ad Hoc Networks (IJSSAN).
Chapters enrolled by faculty members and students:
- ISTE Chapter: The Indian Society for Technical Education is included Trident Academy of Technology, Bhubaneswar as an Institutional Membership in 2011. The Department has an ISTE faculty chapter and a student chapter.
- IETE Student Forum(ISF) has been inaugurated on Nov 2nd, 2016 where 89 nos. of students are enrolled as members of ISF.
- NPTEL Local Chapter: Trident promotes the student as well as faculties for academic development beyond the curriculum with the subjects of their interest. The institute has been affiliated with the NPTEL local chapter under which the students and the faculty members learn with the online study materials provided by various professors of IIT and NITs for free and the certification is also provided.